I am a UI Designer and Front-End Developer dedicated to making unique and meaningful connections between people and technology.
I design and build graphical user interfaces for web applications and websites. I have led developers and colleagues through the full lifecycle of the design process, including technical requirements gathering, user flows, and front–end integration.
Adobe Creative Suite CS5: Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Flash Catalyst, Flash Builder, JetBrains Idea X, Eclipse IDE, SVN, TextMate, and VI. I am a quick study for most desktop software.
Produced scalable web presences from scratch with PHP. Experienced with MVC Frameworks: CodeIgniter and CakePHP. Setup, managed and normalized RBDMS databases on platforms such as Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL. Setup standalone PEAR and Tomcat insatllations.
Thetus UI Designer & Developer - March 2010 - Present
- Create visual designs and engineer customized user interfaces for company clients.
- Led front-end engineering and visual design for thetus.com site refresh.
- Train developers on best practices for Flex application components.
- Integrate visual designs into applications to efficiently implement pixel perfect applcations.
- Sit on the PCC Web Advisory Committee, advising College Professors on emerging best practices and technologies for their CS curriculum.
Freelance DeveloperJuly 2009 - present
- Collaborated with clients and designers to build clean and fresh designs that would meet clients visual and code requirements.
- Coded semantic HTML/CSS/JQuery and SEO–friendly code to provide a fully accessible website, ensuring compatibility with major web browsers.
- Implemented and Integrated several customized wordpress blogs.
- Optimized visual specs from Adobe Illustrator files to ensure optium download speed.
AT&TAccount Manager & Inside Sales - Portland, OR 2003 - 2009
- Worked with stakeholders and interfaced with clients for enterprise accounts valued at over 11 Mil. Dollars in annual sales.
- Assisted customers in the selection, deployment, execution, of complex technology based infrastructure initiatives by scheduling face to face meetings and presenting Request for Information (RFI) and Proposals (RFP).
- Procured and facilitated domestic and international CPE hardware orders in excess of $1Mil. dollars each month.
- Determined direction and strategy on project requirements for Best Buy ($50 Mil.), US Airways ($26 Mil.) and Caremark ($20Mil.) and created a custom billing solution to accommodate growing scope.
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science Completed 2002
Calvin College — Grand Rapids, MI
- Learned fundamentals of Software Engineering and Database Design establishing a foundation for web application development.
- Coded base C++ projects in strongly typed (ADA, Fortran), functional (LISP) and Object Oriented languages (Smalltalk).
- Taught and Lectured on the theoretical applications of Quantum Computing in Cryptography.
- Provided leadership for Abstraction, the Computer Science Club at Calvin College.
- Developed and created curriculum for freshman level computer science classes.
- Available at http://www.linkedin.com/in/lorensanz